Novant Health updates hours of operation for COVID-19 respiratory and screening assessment centers
WINSTON-SALEM — Beginning Monday, July 6, hours of operation for Novant Health’s respiratory and screening assessment centers in North Carolina will be 8 a.m. to noon. The screening assessment center at 903 Randolph St. in Thomasville will be closed the week of July 6 and will reopen July 13.
Respiratory assessment centers (RAC) are designed to test and treat patients who are experiencing moderate to severe respiratory symptoms associated with the coronavirus.
Screening centers, which include mobile locations, evaluate patients with symptoms and will test patients, as clinically necessary. While appointments are not required, it is recommended that anyone experiencing symptoms to contact their primary care provider first to get advice on whether they should be further evaluated. Patients seeking advice who do not have an established care provider are encouraged to use the online coronavirus assessment tool at NovantHealth.org/coronavirus or call the helpline 1-877-9NOVANT. As a reminder, visiting a screening center unnecessarily will only further risk of exposure and put a strain on resources for those who need them most.
Novant Health currently has respiratory and screening assessment centers at the following locations in Winston-Salem and the Triad area:
- East Winston – 650 N. Highland Ave., Winston-Salem (RAC)
- This respiratory assessment center will be open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Highland Oaks – 600 Highland Oaks Drive, Winston-Salem (screening center)
- This screening center will be open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays starting July 13.
- Kimberly Park – 620 Burton St. NW, Winston-Salem (screening center)
- This screening center will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Thomasville – 903 Randolph St., Thomasville (screening center)
- This screening center will be closed the week of July 6 and will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays starting July 13.
- Novant Health Waughtown – 656 East Monmouth St., Winston-Salem (RAC)
- This respiratory assessment center will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For more information about Novant Health’s response to COVID-19, go to NovantHealth.org/coronavirus.